[Rhodes22-list] I need your advice for reconditioned Rhodes

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:27:24 EDT 2007

Paul,

I have the 175 genoa and I like it just fine.  However, I added a luff pad
to it last year and it makes a big difference.  The luff pad adds bulk to
the front and mid section of the sail so when you reef in, the belly of the
sail rolls up tighter making for much better sail shape on those days with
higher winds.  This addresses the bigest disadvantage to the 175 which is
bad sail shape when deeply reefed.

Slim