[Rhodes22-list] I need your advice for reconditioned Rhodes

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 01:07:07 EDT 2007

Paul, we bought a new boat with the UPP last year.  I like the
steering precision it provides and the electric lift is a nice luxury.
 We are in a tight slip with a few turns out to the open water so I'm
glad I have it.  If I didn't have that need I'd probably not use the
steering link that often because it's a pain to disconnect when you're
ready to raise the sails.

We're also glad we got the bimini on hot days.

As others have said, we use the 175% genoa partially furled more often than not.

Have had no problems with the macerator.

Dave B.

On 10/15/07, Paul Krawitz <krawitzmail-rhodes22 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> To you experienced Rhodies out there, I ask your recommendations on a few items as I finalize my wish list with Stan Spitzer to replace my circa 1980 Rhodes Continental.
>
> Genoa jib size: Stan prefers the 175% for its overall utility. But our harbor is narrow and can sometimes require lots of tacking. If you've got a 175, do you like it for both heavy and light air? If you chose smaller, what did you choose, and have you been happy with that choice?
>
> Ultimate Power Package: For those of you that have this, has it been relatively maintenance free, or has it been a hassle?
>
> Do any of you have the Macerator Discharge System? What has been your experience?
>
> I'm already getting the 2 swivel seats, solar panels and second battery. Are there any other items in the "Super Options List" that I shouldn't miss?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Paul K

David Bradley
+1.206.225.7793