[Rhodes22-list] I need your advice for reconditioned Rhodes

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Oct 16 12:42:34 EDT 2007

Paul,

I would get the 175% Genoa, just because there will be times when you
can use it.  Although it's big, heavy, more difficult to tack, and has
less-than-perfect sail shape when reefed; how small would you want to go
to see a signficant improvement?  Going to a 150% is not that much
smaller.  I think the positives outweigh the negatives.  If I have
enough wind, the big Genoa tacks with no problems.  If I don't have
enough wind, I'll reef it before the tack or stand in the cabin and pull
it across by hand.

I don't have the Ultimate Power Package, but if you don't get it,
definitely get the tiller connection for the outboard.

I would get the cockpit cushions, bimini (unless you get a combination
boomroom/bimini), bulkhead-mounted depth finder and bulkhead-mounted
compass.

I didn't get the mast-hoist system, but I don't plan on lowering/raising
my mast without one.

Don't get a speed wheel knot meter.  Mine clogs up after about a day in
the Chesapeake.  A cheap GPS will give you your speed.

Good luck!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Crab Alley (Kent Island, MD)