[Rhodes22-list] rhodes owners

Rick Lange SloopBlueHeron at ISP.Com
Thu Oct 18 19:51:55 EDT 2007

The dumbest thing I've done this season is to take the boat out,
as usual, on Columbus Day.  My crew almost died of heat exposure--it was
near 90.  And since then, the weather has been mostly fair, reaching 70,
and nice south winds that are ideal hull speed, no wave sailing on this
part of Lake Erie.
Rick
> The same offer applies for those
who would come to Louisiana.

> In fact, before you
completely winterize, call your families and blow
> them off for
Thanksgiving. It's often our best weather of the year, and
> we
can make a 3-4 day circumnavigation of Lake Ponchatrain. We'll have
> plenty of time for eating and drinking in the French Quarter, and a

> couple of the towns on the North Shore offer free tie-up space
with
> shore power, and walks through nice towns with plenty of
accommodation.
> And now that the motor boaters are out hunting,
we have the lake to
> ourselves.
>

> R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
>> I hate
hearing about all my northern Rhodie friends taking their boats
>> out
>> of the water so early. Remember, the price
of admission is really,
>> really cheap
>> for a
day of sailing on RumRunner in beautiful South Carolina. (That is
>> if
>> we still have water in the lake)
>>
>> Rummy

what's new at

Rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list

> Use
Rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list

Join ISP.COM today - $9.95 internet, less than 1/2 the cost of AOL!
Try us out, http://www.isp.com/