[Rhodes22-list] Corn - More Politics - real reply

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Oct 24 14:46:30 EDT 2007

Brad,
To the best of my knowledge, I am the only Rhodie that burns E-85 in his
vehicle. In fact, I will go out of my way to find a station that sells it.
The corn bi-products of making ethanol are completely recyclable as
livestock feed. Burning ethanol does not put as much pollution into the air as
gasoline when burned. Yes, there is still 15% gasoline in it, but that's only to
prevent some redneck alcoholic from drinking something that is 100 pure  ethanol.
I would rather pay the farmers and the ethanol manufacturers a fair market
price than to line the pockets of some Arab Sheik. Add the cost of wars and
cleaning up oil pollution and I still say that ethanol is a bargain. We have a
lot more land available that could be growing corn or any other plant that
could  be used to make ethanol. Brazil is a good example. Even though they have
oil  reserves and refineries, they burn almost exclusively, ethanol, made from
sugar  cane.

Rummy