[Rhodes22-list] Question, non sailing--Now High Wind Tacking

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Fri Oct 26 12:29:06 EDT 2007

Rummy,
Did I ever mention I personally had trouble tacking? Maybe your message was intended for neophyte Lee?
I agree completely with your suggestions below, and have been doing it for years. One exception would be in light airs when a slow tiller would retard even more , the necessary speed to complete the come about manouver.
But, Rik's advice about shortening the jib to get the center of effort more to the stern was a good point, and we haven't been doing it.
We even motor with the swing keel-centerboard down to reduce rolling somewhat. It works.