[Rhodes22-list] A Very Blustery Day!

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 08:50:31 EDT 2007

Good Morning Rhodies,

Well, yesterday I took my two kids, Charlie (8) and Andrea (7), out for a
nice sail and the forecasted winds of 12-14 knots were more like 20-25
knots!  Started off with the boom in the lower position and about 75% of the
main and 75% of the Jib.  A couple of buried rails later dropped to 50% main
and 50% jib and then we were just fine.  Had a great time although a bit
chilly, temps in the high 50s/low 60s, but the sun was out.

The kids had a great time although Andrea did freak out a little when we
buried the rail so far that water came over the coaming into the cockpit!

Have a great day!

Hank