[Rhodes22-list] Question for Thena

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 10:01:24 EDT 2007

Hank,

Found the quote from the North Sails website:

"You will be cruising the Baltic and Mediterranean in style with your Dehler
44. With the Dutchman flaking system you will not find any change in the
performance of the main. With laminate sails there is always the concern
about mold spores getting introduced into the sail. The filament lines allow
water to travel down through the sail cover and into the sail and possibly
introduce mildew. Of course there are many other ways that mildew can get
started in a sail so I would recommend having the sails treated with
SailKote Plus made by McLube. Otherwise Dutchman is probably the best
flaking system."

There was also an earlier quote pointing out the downsides of 'stack pack'
systems but now I see North sells an equivalent product.  Maybe they need to

The S2 owners list is pretty quiet but I did just get an e-mail from another
9.2C owner who is also a Neil Pryde rep.  He highly recommended the Strong
Track system (about $1000 for my rig).  That will raise another issue.  I
can install a new track without de-masting but my mast badly needs
repainting. It doesn't make sense to install new hardware without going
through the pain and expense of painting prior to upgrade.  Life is sure
simpler when you can do repairs in the backyard.

Brad