[Rhodes22-list] History, Hollywood, and Toys

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Oct 30 00:17:39 EDT 2007

Yup.  My old man was a Navy surgeon with Edson's Raiders
on Bloody Ridge.  His aid station was forward of the
artillery.  He kept patching up Marines all night - under
fire and with shrapnel in his knee.  Got the Navy Cross
for that and other actions on Tulagi, etc. - one of five
during WWII.

He chose to be buried at Quantico with his comrades of
the First Marine Raider Batallion rather than at
Arlington.  Many of the survivors of Edson's raiders
attended his funeral, and the padre who planted him was
from the Raiders.

G.I. Joe does not really belong to a corporation.  And
this turn of events is evidence of the total failure of
our leadership.  The rats are leaving...

We have a Hell of a mess to clean up.  Time to get to work.

Semper Fi!
/Robert
Brad Haslett wrote:

> The reason I don't read novels is real life stories are so much more
> exciting.  This one is a great tale from our past.  Brad
>
> http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/10849526.html

Robert Skinner  "Squirrel Haven"
Gorham, Maine         04038-1331
s/v "Little Dipper" & "Edith P."