[Rhodes22-list] Books in the fleet

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 18:09:40 EDT 2007

Lynn,

I'll read your book on guns and give you my opinion on your writing on the
da'list.  My opinion on wine will be wasted because we have a favorite
Australian house swill that is standard serve, and you are welcome to bring
your own if you think it improves the food. Most of our guests bring 'finer'
wines and end up drinking ours. No guest yet has ever said that Fan's
servings wasn't the best Chinese food they've ever eaten.

Now as to guns:  yes, you buy one you one it!  I own a 40 cal Glock.

"Here's the new message: Handguns are for two kinds of people, cops and
dorks."

What an asshole statement!  You overate cops and underestimate assholes.
I'm not a gun nut but I do recognize people who are the real control freaks,
not the gun owners.

Come to my dinner table and bring your best bottle of wine.  Fan will be
happy to educate you on the Cultural Revolution.

Brad