[Rhodes22-list] Newbie

Tom Dorsey Tom at demaximis.com
Fri Sep 7 11:23:12 EDT 2007

Thanks, Bill.  The CYC location is great from a convenience standpoint.
I appreciate the info.

R. Thomas Dorsey
450 Montbrook Lane
Knoxville, TN 37919-2705
865-691-5052
865-691-9835 (fax)

>>> WEWickman at spectraenergy.com 9/7/2007 8:29:04 AM >>>
Tom,

You will enjoy the sailing course at CYC.  When you join, you should
consider signing up for the training fleet.  For a couple hundred
dollars a year you would have access to a Catalina22, I believe, that
you could practice on until you get your Rhodes.  Watts Bar Lake,
where
Wally sails, is a much better sailing lake because the water is
bigger,
there is less development along the shoreline, and much less crowded
with oversized stinkpot power boats on the weekends.  That said, you
cannot beat the convenience of CYC's location in West Knoxville, and
the
lake is really only crowded during the popular weekends (Memorial,
4th,
Labor Day, etc.).  There are two good launch ramps, though they are
not
useable in the winter after TVA drops the lake level.  There is also a
marine railway, and more importantly for a trailerable boat like the
Rhodes, a boat lift. Single handing out of CYC is a breeze.  I launch
and retrieve single handed all the time there.

Bill W.