[Rhodes22-list] I gave Stan $1000 and all I got was this email address

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 14:42:18 EDT 2007

Hi, Lynn.  Welcome.

You might help to narrow the choices and focus the requests for help
by telling us whether you are working on a tight budget or want to
create an almost-new R22.  I began the process a couple of years ago
with an intent to buy a late-model recycled boat and make it close to
new -- and in the end just bought a new boat.

I don't think you'll find a way to do a wet locker, though, unless
someone on the list has come up with an ingenious solution.

Dave B

On 9/13/07, Lynn Hoffman <drfood44 at verizon.net> wrote:
> So I guess I'll have to make the best of it. I'm in Philly, thinking
> of sailing next year at the Jersey Shore. I'm talking to Stan about a
> recycled Rhodes and whenever he asks me if I want this or that, I
> have to tell him that I have no idea because I haven't spent a week
> on a Rhodes or even a weekend.
>
> My intention is to do short cruises, 4 or 5 days or so and some
> weekends. I am definitely a comfort sailor, not a speed demon. i'm a
> writer and i like the idea of writing aboard.  i wonder about things
> like where to keep the laptop and whether the wine cooler should be
> portable or built in. don't care much about gennakers and cunninghams
> or getting another two degrees closer to the wind.
>
> I do wonder about what sort of instrumentation makes sense. Where do
> you hang the foulies? stuff like that.
> Anyone who's wondered these same things, particularly if you've
> wondered them along the east or gulf coasts of the U.S., I'd love to
> hear from you.
>
> Lynn
>

> --
>

> Lynn Hoffman, PhD. writes about wine and food. He is the author of
> The New Short Course in Wine from PrenticeHall and therecently
> published bang Bang from Kunati.
>
> More? want to read rave reviews? an excerpt?
>
> http://www.kunati.com
>
> You can order a copy of bang-BANG from:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1601640005
>
> or from your local bookseller.
>

> If you're looking for great wines for less than $US20, get the latest
> finds at http://shortcourseinwine.blogspot.com/

David Bradley
+1.206.225.7793
dwbrad at gmail.com