[Rhodes22-list] Roller Furling Question

Dan Johnson johnsondan at comcast.net
Fri Sep 14 19:32:15 EDT 2007

We are in the process of working with Stan on a recycled Rhodes.  He tells us that it currently has the original General Boats-designed roller furling for the genoa and not the upgrade to a CDI furler.  I understand that this effectively means that the mast comes down to change the head sail.

What are your opinions about the original furler versus the upgrade, in terms of actual operation and also changing head sails?  I can't really imagine changing it very often; particularly if we happen to put new sails on the boat before getting it from Stan.

One other question:  we are planning to spend weekends aboard, perhaps even when in the marina, and want to look into installing some sort of stereo / music system.  Has anyone done this?  If so, what kind and where did you mount both the system and the speakers?
Thanks

Dan