[Rhodes22-list] Roller Furling Question

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 14 23:21:45 EDT 2007

Dan,

The original furling system has always worked well with me.  You have picked a perfect boat for your sailing priorities.  You have picked a perfect fleet to be a part of - all of the skippers will help you become an expert on your new boat.

I have removed the furler with mast up, although probably easier to do when the mast is down.  when you take delivery on the boat work the genny in and out a few times with Stan so you can be sure the furling line winds correctly.  If need be, the small feed pulley on the foredeck can be adjusted.  Stan will put attention to this detail, but good for you to be aware.

As you ponder what options to add, the fleet will add input in abundance.  Stan will ask alot of questions, has already, I am sure, because he wants your boat equipped to your satisfaction when it leaves his floor.  Better to have installations - radios, depthfinder, compass, etc. put in at the plant.  I would prefer to put in a boomroom, if opted, at the plant, but two of the skippers installed their own this summer and did an excellent job.  There are many motor options, and you'll get valuable opinions as you post any questions.

Welcome to our fleet and much enjoyable time on the water.

Art
s/v Mary Jane
Atlanta