[Rhodes22-list] Potty question

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Sat Sep 15 14:08:13 EDT 2007

At 01:45 PM 9/15/2007 -0400, R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
>The dump tank disconnects from the porta potty reducing it in size by 60 %.
>The holding tank has a convenient handle and holds only 2.6 gallons. Total
>weight full is only 24 pounds. Even drunk I can carry that much. Dumping is
>easy, just find a toilet. Drinking rum instead of beer cuts down on
>the fluid
>added to it.

I've been following this closely and rethinking my own porta-potti
setup.  Bob Fletcher wrote about the "Waste Caddy" that can be
wheeled to the dock and pumps out waste from whatever you've got in
the boat.  I've been looking for something like that.

If I recall, there are some models of porta-potti's that have a
pump-out connector on the base.  So, it might be possible to treat
the porta-potti almost like a marine head.  You wheel the caddy down
to the dock and pump out the porta-potti without moving it from the
boat.  Wheel it back up hill (still no fun, but easier than carrying)
and send it down your home waste system.

If/when you need to give the porta-potti a good cleaning, then you
take it off the boat while its empty.  Need extra capacity for long
trips?  Get another base tank like Mary Lou suggest.  If you're near
pump stations, you can use their services just like a holding
tank.  If not, you can still lug the porta-potti base off and empty
it at a restroom.

Cheers!

John Lock