[Rhodes22-list] Must Have / Like to Have / Boom Room

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 12:44:35 EDT 2007

Caesar, looks like a good list to me.

The Boom Room is definitely on the 'nice to have' list, and I'd
question the usability of a boom room underway vs. a bimini.  If you
really plan to camp on the boat the boom room will be a great feature.
 If your priority is shade when sailing or sitting out for an
afternoon, I'd go for the bimini.  We use our bimini a lot.

Cockpit filler cushions are one thing you could easily get after the
fact if you need to shave a few hundred dollars.

Enjoy your trip to Edenton.

Dave

On 9/16/07, Caesar Paul <caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Arthur and Rhodes List
>
>  What is the weather like in Atlanta and have you been doing much sailing lately.  Where do you do most of your sailing?
>
>  In our last telephone conversation, I gave you the incorrect dates for my trip to General Boats.  Our flights are booked for the last weekend in October ( 26th to 29th), and not September as I had mentioned.  I am hoping that it will be warm enough for Stan to give us a demonstration sail.
>
>  Stan asked me to prepare a "must have" and a "like to have" list, and these are what I have come up with thus far:
>
>  1. Battened main sail
>  2. Mast Hoist Crane
>  3. Diamond Board
>  4. 175 Genoa
>  5.  Motor Steering linkage
>  6.  Mast Head Antenna
>  7.  VHF Radio
>  8. Bulkhead Compass
>  9. In Hull Depth Finder
>  10. New Design Boom Room instead of Bimini
>  11. Marine Head
>  12.  Hiking Seats
>  13. Wells for 2 Batteries
>  14.  Boom Room
>  15. seat & Cockpit Filler Cushions
>

>  How would you divide this list into "Must Have" and "Like to Have" groups, and what would you add?
>  Can you send me some pictures of the New Boom Room, and with it serving as a Bimini ?
>
>  There has been some good exchange about the Marine Head / Potty choice, but for most of us it comes down to what the wife prefers.  Am I correct on this point?
>
>  the Hiking Seat is not a necessity, but it gives one great view of his surroundings, plus, it is quite comfortable.  Considering cost it might be prudent to include it now for I am very far away from the factory.  the same goes for the Mast Head Antenna.
>
>  I am looking for a nice balance of safety, comfort and performance, which the Rhodes is reported to give anyhow.
>
>  Thanks for your input.
>
>  Caesar Paul

David Bradley
+1.206.225.7793