[Rhodes22-list] Must Have / Like to Have / Boom Room

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 16:02:25 EDT 2007

Caesar,

  To add a bit of info to your 'wish list" re: mast head antenna;

  Your fixed mount VHF radio will have DSC (Digital Selective Calling.)

  Interface with your GPS, and if you have an emergency, just pressing the DSC button will transmit your distress call and coordinates to CG  and to other DSC equipped stations..) Just have to register & get an MMSI (Marine Mobile Service Identity) number.

  VHF Fixed Mount VHF $175.99-$219.99.

  Not many people have the presence of mind to dial (tying up one of your hands...) & wait for a signal & someone to answer if there were an emergency.

  Safety first.

  elle

Caesar Paul <caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hi Arthur and Rhodes List

What is the weather like in Atlanta and have you been doing much sailing lately. Where do you do most of your sailing?

In our last telephone conversation, I gave you the incorrect dates for my trip to General Boats. Our flights are booked for the last weekend in October ( 26th to 29th), and not September as I had mentioned. I am hoping that it will be warm enough for Stan to give us a demonstration sail.

Stan asked me to prepare a "must have" and a "like to have" list, and these are what I have come up with thus far:

1. Battened main sail
2. Mast Hoist Crane
3. Diamond Board
4. 175 Genoa
5. Motor Steering linkage
6. Mast Head Antenna
7. VHF Radio
8. Bulkhead Compass
9. In Hull Depth Finder
10. New Design Boom Room instead of Bimini
11. Marine Head
12. Hiking Seats
13. Wells for 2 Batteries
14. Boom Room
15. seat & Cockpit Filler Cushions

How would you divide this list into "Must Have" and "Like to Have" groups, and what would you add?
Can you send me some pictures of the New Boom Room, and with it serving as a Bimini ?

There has been some good exchange about the Marine Head / Potty choice, but for most of us it comes down to what the wife prefers. Am I correct on this point?

the Hiking Seat is not a necessity, but it gives one great view of his surroundings, plus, it is quite comfortable. Considering cost it might be prudent to include it now for I am very far away from the factory. the same goes for the Mast Head Antenna.

I am looking for a nice balance of safety, comfort and performance, which the Rhodes is reported to give anyhow.

Thanks for your input.

Caesar Paul