[Rhodes22-list] High thrust engine-transom

ASNOOCH at aol.com ASNOOCH at aol.com
Mon Sep 24 10:19:47 EDT 2007

Mary Lou,
Thanks for explaining your sailing/motoring needs. Inasmuch as I am well
over 65, my purist days of sailing to and from the slip are over.... and
enjoyment with the KISS principal is paramount. I agree on the virtues of the 4
stroke for sound levels... and must assume after a decade of building the Rhodes
22s, Stan's myriad of construction modifications may have involved
strengthening  those later years... I had a 1946 Mobjack #16 and it's fiberglass hull was
built  with what I would guess 3 or more times the necessary thickness of
material .  Well it endured the test of time, it still sails well today as does
the fleet of  them in southern waters.
Burt