[Rhodes22-list] Stars & Stripes

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 22:45:11 EDT 2007

I was looking for that info but I couldn't find a definitive answer.
I remember in '91 he lost - a client of mine was one of his sponsors
and I got to hang around with the team and sponsors in San Diego.
Have a distinct memory of him packing away the vodka tonics.  Not that
there's anything wrong with that.

Dave

On 9/24/07, Bud <budconnor at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Dave,
>  that's a good question ... I don't remember which hull he won/lost
> with.  Time to start searching with Google.
>
> -Bud
>
> David Bradley wrote:
>
> >Bud, sounds like fun.  I think Dennis may even have been winning in '87, no?
> >
> >Dave
> >
> >On 9/23/07, budconnor at earthlink.net <budconnor at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >

> >>Our family made our annual trip to Hilton Head Island, SC this weekend and this time
> >>we were able to sail on Stars & Stripes.  It turns out that there are about 10 "Stars &
> >>Stripes", as Dennis Connors named most of his boats Stars & Stripes.  This vessel was
> >>"Stars & Stripes 87", and was "Spirit of America" before that.  Our family of four went
> >>on the Sunset Cruise, a two hour out and back - catching the sun set, seeing lots of
> >>dolphins, and some moon light sailing.  The winds were light which made it a joy for the
> >>wife and kids.  I asked the captain if I could take the helm, which he gladly did - and
> >>let me take us through our one and only tack.  It was a neat time for all, and an
> >>experience we will all remember.
> >>
> >>Bud Connor
> >>'90 Rhodes 22
> >>Melbourne, FL