[Rhodes22-list] Stuck Jib line

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Thu Sep 27 16:20:54 EDT 2007

Rummy has oversimplified the solution although what he says is entirely accurate. Even if your furling line and jib sheet are kept taut, if your jib tube has any kind of slight bend in it it will wobble as you let it out or furl. This often causes the furling line to jump over the top of the drum and wind around the hardware jamming the jib tube so it won't rotate. It's difficult to trailer the Mast and jib tube resting on the bow and stern rails without getting a bend.
See my 9/27 reply on the Rhodes mailing list titled "Stuck Jib Tube."  It worked for us.
Good Luck!!