[Rhodes22-list] You voted for change in 2006 - you got change (Political)

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 08:46:01 EDT 2008

Hank,

That's a cheap shot, but a fun one nevertheless. What this Congress has
succeeded in is polling numbers lower than the Presidents, quite an
accomplishment given 43's low numbers.

Most of the electorate qualifies as economic illiterates.  If that sounds
elitist, so be it!  I was reading an article out of the USA Today to my crew
last week, "US Economy Grinds to Halt".  Really?  "Boys, we may have to
hitch-hike home from New York when we get there, sounds like they may park
the jets any minute".

Today the Congress is going to "grill" oil executives on "obscene profits"
and high fuel prices.  I usually don't watch silly TV shows like American
Idol and Survivor but may have to make an exception for this exercise in
lunacy. If the President or the Congress had the power to legislate away the
business cycle they should do so, and while their at it, legislate away
gravity, my airplane would go a lot farther on less fuel.

What part of the word sub in sub-prime do people not understand? I'll bet if
most people look at their current home value compared to say, 2005, they're
about even or slightly ahead.

Don't worry, be happy!

Brad