[Rhodes22-list] Sandusky Bay

chetc cclocksin at buckeye-express.com
Tue Apr 1 21:35:24 EDT 2008

Hey PT,

Great story!

I wouldn't say it always blows like that on the Bay, but most of the time
it's good sailing. Spring and Fall results in a pretty steady diet of rowdy
breeze on Lake Erie... Summer is great, if a bit more fickle for winds, but
the thunderstorms come up so fast that it's easy to caught out in some nasty
squalls! All in all, Sandusky Bay is fantastic...even when it's blowing like
stink and the Lake's chop will beat you to death, the Bay is usually
protected enough to offer some exciting sailing. Let me know if you ever get
up this way again and we'll see if we can kick up some spray!

Wow -- that's the way I remember Sandusky Bay.  Short choppy waves and lots
of air.  Does it always blow like that?

I was there once for a week in 1987, crewing at the US Sailing Championship
of Champions race, held that year in Interlakes...