[Rhodes22-list] I can see clearly...

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Sat Apr 5 10:23:06 EDT 2008

At 04:55 AM 4/5/2008 -0700, Brad Haslett wrote:
>Been putting that off myself but have done some homework and asked around.
>Look for a clinic that does a virtual colonoscopy. Still violates the
>one-way valve rule but not quite as invasive. And yeah, you have to get it
>done.  My dad had colon cancer so there's no excuse for me and I had a
>"scare" a few weeks ago while on vacation.  Getting old really sucks!

I don't get all the consternation over having this done.  I had my
first colonoscopy done last year and it couldn't have been
easier.  The day before, you drink the cocktail and sit on the throne
for an hour, big deal... catch up on the sailing mags.  The next day
I went to the doctor's office, put on the gown and got the IV
installed... and promptly fell asleep.  When I woke up it was time to
get dressed and leave.  No after affects, no fuss, and only a little
time out of my day.  It was a breeze and if it wasn't for the expense
I could do it once a year without a problem.

Cheers!

John Lock