[Rhodes22-list] Special reply to Elle, Lee, Brad, John

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sat Apr 5 11:02:20 EDT 2008

If you choose virtual and they find polyps or other questionable spots, you
have to go back for the scope any way.  Whereas, at least my doctor, if he
finds polyps removes them and send to lab.  And he biopsies other
questionable spots the first time.

I know this because if necessary (the spots or polyps are questionable) he
then sends the patient for an immediate CT of Abdomen and Pelvis with
contrast to evaluate problems.  Now a CT is that big hit of radiation that
you get with the virtual study, but now it is done for a medical reason.

I have seen radiologist find cancer without contrast, but most will not make
that reading, diagnosis with out contrast.  So even, under virtual which is
a study without Intravenous Contrast, if they find problems then they do a
study with IV contrast which is another big hit of radiation.  Only this
time again with medical reasons.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA