[Rhodes22-list] I can see clearly... Special reply to lee and Brad...

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 10:55:17 EDT 2008

Ed,

Thanks for the info.  Our company switched health insurance for pilots the
first of the year and I've yet to "jump through the hoops" to find a
provider for a much neglected complete physical.  The FAA First Class I get
every six months with an EKG every year doesn't amount to much.

Speaking of radiation, a pilot friend of mine lost her brother to brain
cancer a few years ago (also a pilot) and carried a Geiger counter with her
on a few international flights and was amazed at the readings. I used to fly
the polar route from Alaska to Europe frequently and twice the solar flare
activity was so high the HF radios didn't work.  We ran radio silent for
nine hours from Point Barrow Alaska to coast-in near Scotland.  I've already
decided to not return to international flying when forced to make a choice
of new equipment in a year or so.

And yes Elle, the alternative isn't very attractive.

Brad