[Rhodes22-list] Burt comments on posts about Spinnaker Sails

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Tue Apr 8 19:16:46 EDT 2008

Burt,

Mary Lou gave you a name of of person at Doyle.  That guy arranged for a
special 'Club' price for the sail involved.

You may have gotten a quote on a spinnaker and not the UPS that they are all
taking about.

By not going thru the same guy, you are loosing the 'Club' pricing.
Obviously a big difference.  I would go back to Mary Lou and Tom D.'s
contact and explain what is going on and ask if that is really the current
price.

Since you are game for making your own with your own fabric, maybe just hire
a sailmaker to show you how to do it. For example, look at this sailmaker:

http://www.squeteaguesailmakers.com/jobs.html

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA