[Rhodes22-list] E85

Rik Sandberg sanderico1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 13:57:45 EDT 2008

Brad,

Sure, we heard all that sky is falling bs when we first started using
ethanol in our gas 30 years ago. Yes, if your fuel system was
exceptionally full of gunk, you might have trouble with the fuel filter
clogging for a bit due to the different solvent properties of the
ethanol. Like any gas it need some Stabil or something in it if you are
going to leave it sitting around for a long time.

I've been using this stuff in cars, trucks, lawn mowers, boat motors and
every other gas powered machine I've owned for 30 years, as I said, and
have never had a problem. Those of you that are just starting out with
it now are going to be hearing all the horror stories we listened to 30
years ago. Unfortunately no one seems to be able to look at the
experience of people who have gone before them and realize that if it
works OK for them, why shouldn't it work for me.

Heck, I ran my sprint cars for a couple years on straight ethanol when I
had a sponsor for the stuff. The rest of the time we used methanol which
is much harder on stuff.

Rik

"Stupid is supposed to be painful" .... Rik Sandberg