[Rhodes22-list] Attach pully to spreader arm ??

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Apr 21 11:02:05 EDT 2008

Hank & Ed,

Hank: Yes, the clamp can be opened and reassembled.  The only problem is
that some folks may bend the clamp in an attempt to open it wide enough,
putting a kink in the band.  Also, I have seen clamps damaged when the screw
cuts into the band when attempting to rethread during reassembly.  I thought
that the cotter pin was the simplest and most foolproof solution (that's why
I didn't advocate removing the shroud side.)

Ed: Twist-tie?  Surely you jest!  They rust, leave marks, etc.  But, you got
me to thinking.  Why not use a Tywrap or two?  This is even easier that a
hose clamp, although nowhere near as strong (just add a few more) or durable
(replace Tywrap(s) every season.)

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY