[Rhodes22-list] Attach pully to spreader arm ??

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Apr 21 11:19:02 EDT 2008

At 11:02 AM 4/21/2008 -0400, you wrote:
>Ed: Twist-tie?  Surely you jest!  They rust, leave marks, etc.  But, you got
>me to thinking.  Why not use a Tywrap or two?  This is even easier that a
>hose clamp, although nowhere near as strong (just add a few more) or durable
>(replace Tywrap(s) every season.)

Actually, Ed said "wire tie".  I believe he was referring to the same
plastic, wire-organizing, cinch strap that you are calling "Tywrap"
(which I think is a brand name).  That's what I've attached my flag
pennant to the port spreader with.  The sun will turn it brittle
after a few seasons and it will probably fall off.  I wonder if there
is a UV-stabilized version of those?

Cheers!

John Lock