[Rhodes22-list] sailing: colregs Q

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Apr 23 16:09:04 EDT 2008

Gotta tell you Peter, I would install a steaming light, were it me.

A steaming light will add very little "weight aloft". You don't have to
put it at the top of the mast, it only has to 1 meter higher than your
sidelights.
If I was concerned about weight aloft, I'd probably be more likely to
remove the anchor light, replace it was a light I can raise, and put up
the steaming light.

It really all depends on how much you plan on anchoring at night, and
how much you plan on motoring at night.