[Rhodes22-list] Informational Political Information for Herb - disclaimer - not for Michael M, Slim, and others who might be offended

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Tue Apr 29 16:35:21 EDT 2008

Nah, that one doesn't bother me at all. No antacid needed.

Senator Obama doesn't understand the situation at all. The reason that
"flat tax" or even the "FairTax" has not come to be yet is not because
they make no sense, it is because (in large part, and in my never to be
called humble opinion) there there is an entire industry, made up
largely of professional accountants and professional LAWYERS who make
their living "deciphering" and defending their decisions (with the
costs, direct and indirect, paid by the consumers, of course) those very
laws.

They haven't stood idly by and allowed their means to make a living
taken away.

The changes the senator are talking about would force those
professionals to either find a new profession, or go to work for the Feds.

Do you really think they're going to stand for that any more than the
other proposals?

Notgonnahappen. The FairTax or Flat Tax proposals stand a better chance
of passing.