[Rhodes22-list] Slim's Mishap

Steve Alm StevenAlm at comcast.net
Tue Aug 5 17:20:59 EDT 2008

Looks like I'll be getting a new jib furler.  The tube was bent and
could be mostly straightened but the "bearings" were shot and even
with new bearings, even a slight wobble in the tube would creat the
same problem.  The stay was being unwound and wound over and over and
the entire stay was kinked inside the tube where I couldn't see it.
The stay broke just a few inches from the lower end--very
suspicious.  It was obviously ready to go anyway.  I'm going with a
new CDI flex furler.  Still waiting to hear if insurance will cover it.

Some pictures below.

Slim