[Rhodes22-list] Rid Boat of Spiders & Their Webs

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 12:53:48 EDT 2008

Maybe we're missing the obvious here....Spiders will go where there is food to snare in their webs.

Are there any lights ANYWHERE in the vicinity of your boats? The lights draw bugs, spiders weave webs to snare bugs.

My front porch always had spiders, bugs & moths in the recess of the door and in the sidelights. Besides the grossity of the critters, I was tired of the dirt. I'd sweep it each AM...& it never was clean.

A little (very little!) deductive reasoning......

The teeny tiny light from the lighted doorbell was attracting bugs, which drew spiders. The moths flew toward the light , got caught in the webs. UGH.

I FIXED (!) that lighted doorbell, then powerwashed & repainted the entire area white.,

No light....no bugs, no spiders.

Lovely.

elle

1992 Rhodes 22 Recyc '06 "WaterMusic" (Lady in Red)