[Rhodes22-list] Is there anyone out there who can help mewith my Yahmaha 9.9 4 stroke

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Aug 11 14:11:23 EDT 2008

What engine? Recent Yamahas have a port with a hose fitting allowing
fresh water flushing with the engine off after every use. Very handy.
I think newer Hondas have something similar but you have to remove
the cowling to get to it. Our older Honda died from saltwater
corrosion. I don't think it was an issue when we were based further
north but the past few years we've done a lot of trips south of the
Bay Bridge. The flushing port was a large factor in our decision to
purchase the Yamaha. Because Fretless is in a slip all summer, the
earmuff solution wasn't practical.

Mary Lou