[Rhodes22-list] Is there anyone out there who can help mewithmy Yahmaha 9.9 4 stroke

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Mon Aug 11 18:24:26 EDT 2008

I think John is on the right track.From the lever or knob you pull to
engage the choke,follow the cable or linkage all the way to where it
goes into the carberator.Make sure  that  the part that  goes into the
carb moves back and forth when you move the knob or lever back and forth.
I would also change the spark plugs,it could have one fouled plug and not
have enough power to run at slow speeds with only one cycinder firing.
This would also explain the running rough at high speeds.This is most
likely the only easy fix if the problem is in the ignition system.
If the choke is not stuck on,and the plugs are good,the next most likely
thing is that the low speed jet in the carb is plugged. this means it
has to be disasembled and soaked in carb cleaner for a couple of
hours,and then blow carb cleaner or compressed air thru all the passages
in the carb then reassembled  with a carb rebuild kit.
  One thing to try before you buy the plugs--start the motor up and run
it for 30 seconds,then stut it off. Now take out both plugs,noting which
one goes where, and check to see if one of the plugs is wet with gas.If
one is wet with gas,try changing the plugs first.

Here's hoping its the plugs,
Jerry Lowe