[Rhodes22-list] Is there anyone out there who can help mewith my Yahmaha 9.9 4 stroke

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Mon Aug 11 15:34:17 EDT 2008

HI Alice,

 Then I tried to start the motor.  After multiple attempts, I finally got to
the point where it would continue to run in Neutral ONLY at max speed.  As I
tried to lower the speed, it would Konk out.

At any point when starting the engine did you notice the smell of gasoline?
I don't have a Yamaha but most small engines have a choke plate that
restricts air flow when starting a cold engine. If that plate is stuck the
engine will not run right because it can't get enough air. Get your
carburetor cleaner and spray any small plates or pivoting leavers attached
to the carb body. Also have someone run the throttle (out of gear)  from
full closed to full open while spraying. Be careful not to force any part as
you could damage something.

Good Luck
John Shulick