[Rhodes22-list] Promised Pictures

Caesar Paul caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 10:50:00 EDT 2008

Hi Elle & Others,

Donna and I had our best sailing day on Saturday.  Winds were forcasted at 10 to 15 mph, from the west.  Lake Coeur D' Alene runs north to south; this allowed to sail on a beam reach for about 45 minutes before making a 180 degree tack or turn and sail back down the lake.

We handled the frequent gusts by heading into the wind, so at times we were sailing off course by more than 45 degrees.  We would then fall back off, pick up speed and away we would go.  Anyway, it was a lot of fun, as you all know.

Heeling is quite a rush, and the Admiral is handling it admirably.  I am not sure if her confidence is in the boat or the captain, but we are yet to ship water into the cockpit.

At the end of the day I dropped her on the dock to take  some pictures.

Caesar