[Rhodes22-list] Opinion on the Pickens Plan - non sailing, non political, educational

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 22:52:50 EDT 2008

Mike,

I don't spend that much time these days staying current on marginal well
issues at $100+ per barrel oil.  There are no bargains out there on oil
leases right now.  The good news is that the "stripper well" industry is
alive and well.  I'm not a big fan of the DOE but they have done some
beneficial research in the marginal well area - here's their site dedicated
to small producers-

http://www.energy.psu.edu/swc/

One of the biproducts of bio-diesel production is lots and lots of
glycerin.  The glycerin market is pretty depressed and so I had this bright
idea of using it as an emulsifier in a waterflood experiment.  The lease I
was looking at had one well with a deviated rod-string that was a problem
child anyway and would have been a perfect candidate for the experiment.
You are welcome to "run the concept up the flag pole".  The DOE hasn't done
much with the idea.  If you become a billionaire, you owe me a beer!

Brad