[Rhodes22-list] Another for Brad

Robert Skinner Robert at SquirrelHaven.com
Fri Aug 15 15:53:55 EDT 2008

Beautiful writing.  Juicy, but spare - just enough.

I am so lucky.

My grandfather's place is still standing and loved,
though no longer in the family
.
The first house I remember living in is still the
residence of working tree farm.

The second home I remember was built by my father,
and will likely endure for a long time.  He took no
prisoners, nor any shortcuts.

After I moved out to take my life in my own hands,
he built another house next to his first creation - a
copy of the Brush-Everhard house in Williamsburg,
with all the built-in cabinetwork, real plaster walls,
and Flemish bond brickwork.  He and my mother
died there, in my presence and with dignity, in that
perfect antique house.

/Robert