[Rhodes22-list] Another for Brad

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:08:17 EDT 2008

Elle,

Neat story!  It reminded me of my old farm in Leipers Fork outside of
Nashville.  It had been owned by a hippie couple for the past two decades
and I had to revive it from the ravages of unchecked vegetation, neglect,
and some 'interesting' architectural additions. One day a lady drove up the
lane and asked if she could walk around.  Her grandfather had owned the
place in the 30's and 40's and she had spent much time there as a child.
She went for a walk through the woods and pasture, thanked me for restoring
the place, and gave me a big hug. Some of my neighbors weren't very happy
with my "destroying" what they perceived as a "nature preserve", to which I
would reply, "shoulda bought it when it was on the market, ya only had two
years!"

Brad