[Rhodes22-list] Alice W - is your engine a Yamaha? This may be what you need... Robert delete or filter as this posted by Anti Marxist!

Daniel Snyder dancsnyder at comcast.net
Sun Aug 17 07:09:14 EDT 2008

Ed or Stan:  Is the filter mentioned in Ed's reply recommended for the
9.9 four stroke utilized by General Boats....and does one size fit all?
Elton's procedure for starting it started with a few bulb squeezes,
putting the engine in gear and twisting the throttle to full a couple of
times, putting it back in neutral and twisting the throttle about 1/4
turn (as far as it goes in neutral) and then hitting the start button.
Mine usually starts for a few seconds than stalls....but after repeating
the process will generally start right up....and I'm ready to go.
Sometimes I'll get a cloud of blue smoke for which clears in 10 seconds
or so.  Dan in NH