[Rhodes22-list] Yamaha 9.9 ideas needed.

ALICE WEISZ amicw5 at msn.com
Sun Aug 17 16:13:01 EDT 2008

   OK guys,  I've done things I thought I could never do... Before this
   my only knowledge of a spark plug was a box seen in an auto shop.
   ANYWAY,

    I've removed and cleaned both spark plugs,

   I've located and drained the carbeurator pan,

    I've located and cleaned the fuel filters - both in the gas tank and
   in the fuel line.

   I've put motor cleaner through the fuel line and sprayed it
   carbeurator cleaner into the carbeurator opening .

    I've disconnected the fuel line twice and let the gas with additive
   run out and stop the motor.

   I've played with the idle set to no avail.

   Still the problem persists:  NEUTRAL runs only at max throttle.  BTW
   ... no problems starting the motor.   All this after only 3 weeks of
   not starting the motor and some new fuel - before which it was purring
   like a happy cat.

   My next idea is to find the "auto choke" and see if it's stuck.  Other
   than that, a local serviceman suggested that I disconnect the
   carbeurator and bring it to him for service..... that one's beyond
   even my limited knowledge or guts.

   HELP, please!!!!

   Alice
   Alice