[Rhodes22-list] [Humor] Will I live to be 80?

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue Aug 19 16:16:52 EDT 2008

Sometimes you just have to ask yourself 'Will I live to be 80?'

I recently chose a new primary care physician. After two visits and
exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age. A
little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him,
'Do you think I'll live to be 80?'

He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco or drink alcoholic beverages?'
'No,' I replied, 'I don't do drugs, either.'

Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?'
I said, 'No, my other doctor said that all red meat is unhealthy!'

'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating,
fishing or relaxing on the beach?'
'No, I don't,' I said.

He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?'
'No,' I said, 'I don't do any of those things.'

Then he looked at me and asked, 'Then why do you give a shit?'

Cheers!

John Lock