[Rhodes22-list] Rob Lowe, Politics, Attorney General's Warning,

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Aug 20 09:32:08 EDT 2008

Rob,

You have a need to get to know some people who hold elective and appointed
political office.

Over the years, I have known Governors, U. S. Senators, U. S. House Members,
State Senators, State House Members, and many more.

You may find it hard to believe that some of these guys and gals are
impeccably honest, to the point that you notice it when you are with them.
Governor Richard (Dick) Riley was such a person.  I have not talked to him
privately since he left Washington, but I suspect he had deep personal
problems with Clinton and the perjury issue.  I doubt he had problems with
the sexual escapades because he was a South Carolina State Senator for many
years before he became Governor.  Those kinds of behaviors were tolerated
then.

I think that Brad’s post about Fitzgerald answers any questions about the
Federal District Attorney.  If he has good evidence he will use it
regardless of person’s personal position or politics.

If Obama was not involved, he had people very close to him who were.  It is
up to him to make sure he separates himself from crooks.  If he chose or
chooses not to, then that demonstrates his personal integrity.  If he did
not recognize those activities, or behaviors, in his associates that goes to
demonstrate his abilities.

It is my opinion that we have people of ability and integrity and should
choose those for the highest office, not those ordinary ability and
questionable integrity.  I have met many who hold public office who I do not
trust.  I have met and do know people of ability and integrity who hold or
have held public office.  They have been both Democrats and Republicans and
independents.

Again, leave your ivory tower and met many people who hold public office.
Talk to them.  Ask them questions. Challenge them.  And in the end when they
deserve it, thank them, and thank them again, and again…

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:
The people have a right, an indisputable, unalienable, indefeasible, divine
right to that most dreaded and envied kind of knowledge - I mean of the
character and conduct of their rulers”   John Adams

“Because power corrupts, society's demands for moral authority and character
increase as the importance of the position increases.”   John Adams

Can't see why there is any credibility in this report.  Anything coming
out of a US Attorney's office under this administration is instantly
suspect.  All US Attorneys under this administration are pawns.  This is
the administration that fired US Attorney's for not being political
enough and not prosecuting the "correct" cases.  The same administration
that hired officials in the Justice Department based on the political
affiliations.  The US attorney in our area is widely recognized as a
bumbling idiot, but he's a Republican, so what does that matter?  And as
a source the SwftWaterGazette sures smacks of SwiftWaterForTheTruth,
another recognized smear campaign.  Suggesting that this attorney
somehow has any credibility because he put Scooter Libby in jail is
pretty silly.  Libby was the fall guy that went to jail to protect
Cheney.  Bush probably would have pardoned him at the time of his
sentencing but the political heat was too great.  You likely see Libby
out in the next couple of months, once the election is passed and Bush
can do it without inflicting any more political damage.  To indict Obama
as this point would be instantly recognized as being politically
motivated, but that would not stop Bush from doing it anyway.