[Rhodes22-list] cutting down sails?

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Fri Aug 22 08:29:27 EDT 2008

Thanks Rummy!  I think that's exactly what I'll do.  I 'll see if I can find
a local sail shop to cut it to the 175 size and NOT have sun protection put
on it so it'll fill better in light air.  Means I'll have to switch back at
the end of the day, but that's probably smart anyway for me since I trailer.
There's a Doyle shop nearby that may be the best choice since Doyle makes
Stan's sails.  Though I may be best sending the present 175 along as a
model?

I'm not sure what to do with the main sail.  With the IMF I can't change
mainsails on the water.  Guess I can just hold on to it in case I need to
replace the light weight genoa in the future.  What's the "shelf life" for
sail material?  I'd guess a good long time if kept clean and dry.

FWIW the sails in question were originally used on a Tartan 34.

Mike s/v Muireann 93/08 Rhodes 22