[Rhodes22-list] Politics - ANWR

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 06:54:56 EDT 2008

Steve,

I think you and all the pundits are wrong about Sarah being picked to appeal
to women, especially Hillary supporters. If he picked her to appeal to  a
certain segment of votors it would be Republicans (like me) who don't
particularly like McCain and now have a reason to get excited.  The MSM and
Obama supporters are jumping to hasty conclusions without knowing who they
are dealing with.  Sarah Palin took on corruption as a member of the Alaska
Oil & Gas Commision and took down some really powerful people.  She became
an invisible person in the GOP, so what does she do? She takes on long time
Senator Murkowski for governor and whoops his ass in the primary, then goes
on to beat the snot out of the Democrat, a former governor.  She does this
with her own party fighting against her. Once in office, she takes down the
Attorney General, calls Sen. Ted Stevens for an explaination about his
financial dealings, AND, goes toe to toe with "Big Oil" and puts a boot in
their ass to the tune of 1.6 Billion Alaskans which she shares with the
citizens.  Gov. Palin doesn't have to puff-up here resume, it's all there.
McCain met her last February at a Governors conference and was so impressed
she's been on the short list ever since.  He sees in her what he would like
to be himself, a true maverik.

Lock horns with Putin or Kim Jong II?  "Poofy Palin" as you call her is no
shrinking violet and she doesn't show fear in the face of powerful men. Give
her a gun and tell her Vladimer is a moose and see what happens.

Do your homework on Mrs. Palin and get back to me Slim, you wouldn't want to
risk sounding sexist.

Brad