[Rhodes22-list] Politics - ANWR

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 10:45:42 EDT 2008

Hank,

The part about Ridge and Leiberman is mostly correct.  Both would have
been good picks but had no effect on the base, in fact, probably would
have hurt.  Palin is certainly pro-life and has demonstrated that in
her personal life.  She's also more Libertarian than any of the 3
others and despite some desperate (and perennial) fear mongering by
the left that she'll try and overturn Roe v Wade, no such thing is
likely to happen (Bush 43 is pro-life and he did what?)  This is a
litmus test that has outlived its usefulness.

Now as to pot, Palin admitted to smoking it when it was legal in AK
(may still be for all I know) and she said, "I can't claim a Bill
Clinton on that issue, I inhaled".

McCain  raised 7 million dollars in the first 24 hours after Palin was
announced.  Tell me the base isn't fired-up.  If he wanted to seal
this election he'd announce he will only serve one term to make way
for President Palin in 2012.  You go girl!

How many of those people in Pennsylvania clinging to their guns and
religion are going to vote for the "Savior" now?  McCain doesn't need
to change Hillary voters.  Sarah just clinched the votes he needs.

Brad