[Rhodes22-list] Re ply to Captain Chris G.

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Aug 31 19:18:51 EDT 2008

Chris G said, "Boy I gotta agree, any of those cheating husbands and
philanderers should be barred from making speeches at the convention.  Of
course that would include John McCain after what he did to his wife and two
kids after he came back. Got a new undamaged model with lots of money,
prenup or not.  Does it matter?  Careful there are lots of glass houses.
Should we bar those who have killed a person in a car accident that they
caused?  Ok that keeps out Ted Kennedy, but also Laura Bush.  Should we bar
someone who stole drugs (in one case from a non-profit set up to help war
victims), and forged
prescriptions well I guess that would shut up Mrs. McCain and Rush Limbaugh.
Tootle, help me out, to be fair and balanced I need a drug thieving democrat
to balance this out. Oh I know Marion Berry should do."

As to John McCain - after how many years in a North Viet Nam prison? - He
had adjustment problems when he came back.  How much time did you spend in
the Hanoi Hilton?  He later realized he screwed up and admits it.  Too late,
but after some time he came around and has since lead a better life, other
wise he would not be where he is.

As to Ted Kennedy, I have always believed that he was drunk.  However, the
lady was in the back seat was in the same state.  Alcohol consumption is not
a legal excuse for killing another or is it Ben C?

As to Laura Bush at 17, poor driving skills kill many teenagers.  Is that
not the reason that age group has the highest insurance rates?  Are you
telling us that your judgment and driving skills have not changed since you
were 17?

As to drug addition and subsequently forging prescriptions, the medication
that Rush became addicted to was a problem that the drug company did not
correctly monitor and once the problem was known, physicians failed to
follow up for addition.  Initially the drug was proscribed correctly, but
the prescribing doctor did not follow up making sure that no addition
occurred.

Once you are addicted, you the person is no longer in control.  Have you
never dealt with alcoholics?  If not, never ever again, give a recovered
alcoholic 100% trust.

There is a big problem in America with prescription drugs.  Often doctors
are getting kickbacks from the drug companies and so are more willing to
prescribe feel good drugs when they should not.  Yes this is partly the
patients fault for asking for such drugs, but again, once there is addition.

The points that you raised are fair to raise and be addressed but they are
distinguishable from a lawyer, who as part of bar qualifying has specific
ethics training from committing perjury.   I have said that his philandering
is one thing, but his committing perjury is a whole different matter.  And
as Ben C said he was suspended for five years for doing it.  The Arkansas
Bar said even a former President needed his ____ slapped for doing it.

So I have partially addressed your comments.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19247108/Chris%2BG%2527s%2BReasoning.jpg
Chris+G%27s+Reasoning.jpg