[Rhodes22-list] Bob Skinner's unattributed ... [right wing morality][call it political if you must]

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Dec 1 20:28:01 EST 2008

Bob Skinner said, "Trust but verify."  But he failed to attribute the quote.

Now I have quoted Jimmy Carter, Nikita, Karl, and others.  Why didn't he
attribute the quote from the right?

"At the signing of the INF Treaty [Reagan] used it again and his counterpart
Mikhail Gorbachev responded: "You repeat this phrase every time we meet," to
which Reagan answered "I like it."

When you quote someone, the 'right' thing to do is attribute the quote.

See here:  "Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom." Thomas
Jefferson

Ed K
Addendum:  "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat,
populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic
criteria.  The human race divides politically into those who want people to
be controlled and those who have no such desire."  Robert A Heinlein

/Robert S