[Rhodes22-list] Tools

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 08:52:50 EST 2008

Tool buying has grown into a second hobby since acquiring 51V and over
the course of the past two years, I've probably spent more on hand
tools than parts for the plane.  I started out buying used SnapOn
tools on eBay, but even used they are overpriced.  Home Depot Husky,
Lowes Kobalt, and Sears Craftsmen are all good tools but IMHO, S-K is
the best value on the market.  While S-K might not be as good as
SnapOn, they're better than most of the others and as cheap or cheaper
if you buy them at the right place.  This company is often cheaper
than what you can score on eBay.

http://www.superiorpaneltechnology.com/default.asp

Superiors's primary business is selling fiber-optic lighting for small
airplanes, but their catalog store handles a lot of tools and
materials suitable for sailboats. I haven't done price comparisons on
all their products but their S-K hand tool prices are the best on the
net.

Christmas is coming!  I always get good presents from myself for Christmas.

Brad